Monday, October 12, 2009

Midnight launches and why they rule!


MGS4 Midnight Launch at the Virgin Megastore (NYC)

Tonight I am going to a midnight launch for Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend, courtesy of GameStop. Yes, I will be buying both games, and yes I will enjoy the living crap out of them. Although this article is about those two games it's more about the midnight launch I will be attending.

The joy of the line:
I have been to 2 midnight launches for Halo 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4. While both were enjoyable, MGS4 being downtown provided the most excitement. Having joined a group of folks from the PS Forums I found myself sharing in an experience with some rather cool people. If I had a choice I would do it all again. Not only was I in the best spot on the line (corner of the block) I was also right in front of the giant billboard showing the MGS4 trailer so I had a bunch of folks coming up to me and asking me "What is this line for?"After responding with Hello Kitty Island Adventure 3 I would then tell them that it's MGS4 for the PS3. Although they didn't know what the game was (some of them did) they all seemed interested and liked our dedication to the franchise. As for the Halo 2 launch I was smack in the middle of the ghetto (where I lived at the time) so it was more about survival then enjoyment!

In the end it's all about the games:
With all midnight launches they all end with one thing; a game in your hand. The feeling of knowing you stood on a line in the blistering cold (or sweltering heat) and endured the elements, all for the joy of going home and popping in that disc and enjoying your game. There is nothing better then that, trust me

So if your going to the midnight launch for Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend, just make sure you enjoy yourself. It's worth every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment